We currently have significant demand for Project Managers who have a passion to work with client teams to review, analyse, develop and improve the effectiveness of existing processes in relation to P3M delivery and transformational change. Influencing, advising and assisting end client in their delivery of complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety.
These Project Manager will operate at client sites with client teams delivering plans, documentation and the provision of guidance for client teams. The role is focused on achieving scheduled activities and products and ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the programme/project life-cycle utilising principles appropriate to achieving the agreed vision and strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse, develop and support the timely and cost-effective delivery of client projects meeting business and environmental objectives.
- Influence and support client project delivery through appropriate planning, monitoring, controlling and reporting of performance.
- Support identification of slippage/risk and remedial or mitigating actions whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant safety, environmental and management procedures.
- Ensure clarity of identification, definition and specification of programmes and projects ensuring alignment with client business needs and context.
- Champion the application of appropriate programme and project delivery strategies and commercial vehicles, which will secure a successful business outcome.
- Ensure appropriate services to the project are delivered through technical, engineering, project controls, commercial and financial support functions.
- Promote and foster positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of the Defence industry and working in a high-profile Tier 1, Prime and/or subcontractor organisation.
- Able to operate autonomously, with authority, skilled in developing and building relationships.
- Expert in the use of P3M practices and a specialist in the application of advanced project management tools.
- Consultancy focus with a proven track record in delivery.
- Able to identify client requirements and scope wider business opportunities.
- Ability in the provision of coaching and mentoring.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Significant track record of successful project delivery.
- Managing Successful Programmes – Practitioner.
- APMP - Certified Project Management Associate.
- Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM).
- Ideally PRINCE2 – Practitioner.
- Either currently cleared to SC level or able to gain it (clearance sponsorship available)
- Full UK Driving Licence