We currently have significant demand for Project Planners to join an expanding Bristol and South West Project Controls team on some of the regions most high profile projects, to undertake duties on a number of high profile projects with end client partners in the Defence sector (however these roles would give the opportunity to switch industry focus to Rail, Nuclear, Utilities, etc. if desired in the years to come).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with project requirements.
- Develop the project schedules in conjunction with the project manager and project team.
- Reduce uncertainty, understand objectives and improve efficiency.
- Interact with project team to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Interact with and assist project managers to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Analyse critical path and constraints to determine the effect of changes to the schedule and commend work-around.
- Support project managers to maintain timely and effective change management processes and procedures.
- Adherence to NEC or FIDIC contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions.
- Assist project team to develop status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Undertake Project Reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and consolidate the overall project plans.
- Monitor the project manager’s reporting system summarizing the progress status of all projects.
- Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and Proficiency with multiple discipline-specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and/or other planning and resourcing software.
- Demonstrable Project management techniques.
- Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Professional working knowledge of project management software and tools.
- Either currently cleared to SC level or able to gain it (clearance sponsorship available)
- Full UK Driving Licence